Irfan Nawaz Memon, the deputy commissioner for Islamabad, revoked the registration of 18 housing societies as soon as the court reversed the relevant stay order.
The cancellation orders were issued by the DC in July, but the procedure was postponed because the housing societies requested court-issued stay orders.
The following societies have had their registrations cancelled:
- Pakistan Professional Cooperative
- Engineers Cooperative Housing Society
- State Life Insurance Cooperative Housing Society
- KRL Employees Housing Society
- PARC Employees Cooperative Housing Society
- Islamabad Cooperative Housing Society
- PAEC Employees Cooperative
- PWD Employees Cooperative
- National Police Foundation Cooperative
- OGDC Employees Cooperative
- Federal Shariat Court Employees Cooperative
- Wapda Employees Cooperative Housing Society
- Veterans Cooperative
- OGDC Officers Cooperative
- Foreign Office Cooperative
- Work No Ward Cooperative
- Ministry of Commerce Cooperative Housing Society
- Pakistan Employees Cooperative
According to the ICT spokeswoman, there are two different kinds of housing societies: cooperative housing societies and housing schemes. The ICT registrar is in charge of the latter, while CDA is responsible for the first.
He emphasised that the 18 societies that were annulled had been registered with the ICT registrar office and had initially been located inside the boundaries of Punjab.
For the latest Real Estate News and Blogs, visit Agency21 International.